The world suffered from many problems and one of them was this disease. Before Corona Virus or COVID 19, the disease which created horror in the mind and hearts of people known as EVD. The virus who is responsible for many deaths from the year 2014-2016 that is Ebola Virus also known as Ebola Haemorrhagic Fever.
Ebola is a very dangerous virus who is responsible for the disease called Ebola Virus disease. This is so dangerous virus that if any person gets infected by it then there is only a 10% chance that the infected person will live more life.
Out of 100% affected by this virus, 90% died. So, let’s start the topic Weird facts about the dangerous disease EVD – Ebola Virus Disease
Weird facts about the dangerous disease EVD – Ebola Virus Disease
- History of the Ebola Virus Disease – The Ebola Virus was first detected in the year 1976 in Africa’s village near the Ebola River. On the name of this river, the virus was named as Ebola Virus because the people who were living near this river got infected with this fatal disease and later known as Ebola Virus Disease. According, to W.H.O (world health organisation) the source of Ebola is the bat animal. It is thought that fruit bats of the Pteropodidae family are Ebola virus hosts. In2014, due to Ebola Virus about more than 11310 people died only in African countries of Leone, Nigeria, Liberia etc.
- Transmission of Disease – Ebola Virus can be transmitted into a body from an infected person to a healthy person through the mediums of sweat, saliva, blood, pigments, mucous and also through the air. This virus can be transmitted to a healthy person when it comes in Sexual contact with the infected person the reason is unprotected sex and the medium of transmission is body fluids which come out during intercourse. This virus also can get transmitted through animals like bats, elephants chimpanzees etc. while consuming them or in contact with the animals. The horrifying thing about this virus is that it can also transmit into you even if you are burying a dead body of an Ebola-infected person.
- Symptoms of Ebola Virus – If a person gets infected by this virus, then the virus will spread all over the body within 2 to 21 days due to which glycoprotein starts coming out of the Ebola virus cell. The initial symptoms are fatigue, fever, vomiting, dysentery, roughness in the throat and then on upcoming stages, the patient suffers from typhoid, Cholera, Muscle pain. The hairs start falling and bleeding starts through nerves, eyes get redness, much amount of pigment comes out of the eye, the patient cannot tolerate the light. The dangerous Symptom is that the skin of the infected person starts melting.
- Diagnose of Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) – The diagnose of Ebola Virus Disease is very tough that was the reason that many people died due to this disease. Still, there are no medicines which can treat this disease & kill the Ebola virus properly. An experimental Ebola vaccine proved highly protective against the virus in a trial in Guinea. The vaccine called rVSV-ZEBOV was studied in a trial during 2015.
- Countries affected by it – Guinea, Zaire, Sierra Leone, Nigeria all in West Africa are the countries which affected a lot from this disease. India was lucky that the virus didn’t affected our country. May God save every person and every country from fatal diseases.
The deaths due to this disease were at a peak in the year 2014. This is not only a disease its a fear which people faced and mostly Africans but the current situation is normal.
So, this is all about Weird facts about the dangerous disease EVD – Ebola Virus Disease
After this Virus, the New virus detected from China in 2019 is Corona or Covid19 virus. The outbreak occurred in 2020 and after Ebola virus destruction this virus killed millions of people.