The most important part of our body, from where we enjoy the whole world and nature by sawing its colour and shades. It is due to eyes that we are able to our parents, children, nature and many other things. So, first we must be thankful to God and our eyes. Today we share some Surprising and Interesting Facts about Eyes.
Surprising and Interesting Facts about Eyes
- Your eye balls stay the same size from birth to death, while your nose and ears continue to grow.
- Eyes heal quickly. With proper care, it only takes about 48 hours for the eye to repair a corneal scratch.
- The human eye can distinguish about 10 million different colours.
- 80% of our memories are determined by what we see.
- You blink your eyes about 12 times every minute.
- Some people are born with two differently coloured eyes. This condition is called as heterochromia.
- Newborn baby’s don’t produce tears. They make crying sounds, but the tears don’t start flowing until they are about 4-13 weeks old.
- Although your retinas have red, green and blue colour receptors, the “red” receptor only detects yellow-green, and the “green” receptor detects blue-green. Your brain combines these signals and turns them into red.
- Your nose runs when you cry. It is due to tears from your eyes draining into the nose.
- The Honeybee has five eyes.
- Out of all the muscles in your body, the muscles that control your eyes are the most active.
- Around half of the brain is used for seeing and vision.
- Fingerprint has 40 unique characteristics, but an iris has 256.
- Pupils increase their size under the effect of strong emotions, such as attraction, disgust and interest.
- People generally read 25 times slower on screen than on paper.
- Some eye surgery uses shark corneas, as they are the most similar to a human cornea.
- People with blue eyes have a higher alcohol tolerance.
- If the human eye was a digital camera it would have 576 megapixels.
- Goldfish can’t close their eyes as they have no eyelids.
- Dolphin close only one eye while sleeping.
- Chameleons (a species of lizard) can move their eyes in two directions at the same time.
- The space between your eyebrows is called Nasion.
So, these are Surprising and Interesting Facts about Eyes