The Eiffel Tower is a wrought-iron lattice tower on the Champ de Mars in Paris of France. It is named after the engineer Gustave Eiffel, whose company designed and built the tower. One of the most iconic monuments of the world known as Eiffel Tower. Millions of people visit to see this monument every year. It was built in 1889 in Paris and it is getting re-painted after every 7 years. Today we relate you with some Amazing and Interesting facts about Eiffel Tower.
Amazing and Interesting facts about Eiffel Tower
- The Eiffel Tower was designed by the French engineer and bridge builder Alexandre Gustave Eiffel to celebrate the 100th year anniversary of the French Revolution.
- The first visitors to the Eiffel Tower was from British Royal family.
- The Eiffel Tower is 324 meters tall (including antennas) and weighs 10,100 tonnes. That’s about forty times the height of the Statue of Liberty.
- The Eiffel Tower is the most-visited monument in the world in the year 2011 and about 6.98 billion people visited here in that year.
- If we try to build Eiffel Tower once again, it will take 31 million dollars to built it properly.
- There are 20,000 light bulbs in the Eiffel Tower.
- Repainting the tower, which happens after every seven years, requires 60 tonnes of paint.
- The paint on the Eiffel Tower weighs as much as 10 elephants.
- Gustave Eiffel, the man who designed the Eiffel Tower, was also behind the design for the Statue of Liberty’s spine.
- In 1902, a lightning strike damaged the upper section of the Eiffel Tower.
So, these are some Amazing and Interesting facts about Eiffel Tower