Islam is an Abrahamic monotheistic religion teaching that there is only one God (Arabic: Allah), and that Muhammad is the messenger of God. It is the world’s second-largest religion with over 1.8 billion followers or 24% of the world’s population, most commonly known as Muslims. Read some facts about Islam
Interesting & Amazing facts about Islam
- The meaning of Quran is “recitation” in Arabic , Islam’s most sacred book.
- Islam view heaven as a place of physical pleasures to come.
- There are two denominations in Islam that is “Sunni’s” & ”Shia’s‘ . Sunni’s are about 80%-90% and Shia’s are about 10%-20%.
- According to Islam, women should be treated with dignity. They should not be oppressed.
- Every adult Muslim must go on a pilgrimage to Mecca at least once in a lifetime if he is physically and financially capable.
- Islam teaches that Allah’s word was revealed to the prophet Muhammad through the angel Gabriel.
- Muslims only worship Allah. They do not pray to Prophet Muhammad.
- Muslims cannot consume pigs, carrion, and alcohol.
- I slam allows abortion if the pregnancy is a threat to the woman’s life or if it’s the result of a rape and is less than 4 months old.
- Indonesia has the largest number of Muslims in the world.
- Allah has 99 names and each name has a meaning.
- Islam has five pillars of practice which one must undertake including 1) Shahada – declare one’s belief in God and in Muhammad’s prophetic role; 2) Salat – pray five times a day (at dawn, noon, afternoon, sunset, and evening); 3) Zakat – to give charity to those in need; 4) Sawn – fast from food, water, and other pleasures of the flesh during Ramadan’s daylight hours; 5) Haj – make a pilgrimage to Mecca if possible at least once in one’s lifetime.
- There is a pilgrimage site in Sri Lanka that is holy to four religions for a “sacred footprint”: Hinduism, Islam, Buddhism and Christianity.
- Iran sentences its citizens to the death penalty if they decide to change their religion from Islam.
So, these are some Interesting and amazing facts about Islam.