The war can only give us destruction and pain. The first World War was one of the most dangerous and horrible wars in the history of the world which took place between 28 July 1914 to 11 November 1918. The was so horrible that even today its marks are seen in many countries who was the victim of this World War 1. It is necessary for everyone to get relate with the History of this war so you came to know about its facts and about the destruction it took and left after the war. So, read Unknown amazing facts about World War 1
WHY 1st World war was started ?
The real fact that why world war 1 was started has no accurate answer. There are many predictions about this war and one of them is The war began because of the assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria. He was heir to throne of Austria-Hungary and his death was the immediate cause of WW1 but the actual reason behind this war is still not clear and Historians are still debating on this topic and its reasons.
Unknown amazing facts about World War 1
- In the first World War, about 9 million soldier’s and 7 million civilians died as a result of World War 1.
- Germany was the first country which used flamethrowers in world war 1.
- World War I was also known as the Great War, the World War, the War of the Nations, and the War to End All Wars.
- If you rank World War 1 then it was the sixth deadliest conflict of the history in the world.
- The WW1 was so horrible, that if there was an explosion in France, the sound was heard in London which is 140 miles away.
- The most successful fighter pilot of the entire war was German fighter pilot Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen (1892-1918), or the “Red Baron.” He shot down 80 planes, more than any other WWI pilot. He died after being shot down near Amiens.
- World War 1 ended at 11 o’clock in the morning of the 11th day of the 11th month of 1918.
- During the first world war, Homing Pigeon delivered a message which saved 194 men but the pigeon lost his one leg, an eye and having been shot through the chest.
- 13 Americans fought during World War 1 without having a U.S citizenship.
- The first and last British soldiers that died in World War 1 are, by coincidence, buried 15 feet away from each other.
- About 8 million horses in the first world war.
So, these are some Unknown amazing facts about World War 1.
Must share the article and don’t forget to leave your precious comments.