The heart is also known as Blood Bank of the human body. A place of every feeling. The heart is a muscular organ in humans and other animals, which pumps blood through the blood vessels of the circulatory system. Today we share some facts about heart. Let’s read
Unknown & Surprising facts about Human Heart | Facts of Blood Bank
- Our heart is not fully located at the left side, actually, it is located just behind and slightly left of the breastbone which almost comes in the centre portion.
- There is a girl in Russia named Virsaviya Borun who was born with a rare condition called Pentalogy of Cantrell which caused her heart to form outside the chest.
- Every day, your heart creates enough energy to drive a truck for 32 km (20 miles).
- After four weeks of pregnancy, the heart of the child begins to beat.
- Till the date, the lowest beats recorded are 26 beats per minute and the highest beats recorded are 480 beats per minute.
- It is found by researchers that owning a cat can reduce the risk of heart attacks and strokes.
- Your heartbeats also change, according to the song you are hearing.
- The heartbeat of the newly born child is the fastest (70-160 beat/minute) and the heartbeat is the slowest (30-40 beat/minute) in old age.
- According to new studies, multivitamins can increase the risk of cancer and heart disease.
- The weight of heart is between 250 to 350 grams.
- Your heart beats 72 times in a minute and about 1 lac in the entire day and about 2.5 billion times throughout life.
- The symptoms of heart attack are different in both men and women. A broken heart also pains like a heart attack.
- Your heart sends blood to all 75 trillion cells of the body except for the cornea cells found in the eye.
- It is found that there are 19% less chances of heart attacks to vegetarians than others.
- The sound of ‘thump-thump’, which is heard on the heartbeat, is formed due to the opening and closing of the 4 valves found in the heart.
- Heart diseases have also been found in 3,000-year-old Mummies.
- If your heart pumps blood out of the body then blood can bounce up to 30 ft.
- Love is denoted by “heart symbol” since 1250. But why is this using no one knows?
- The first successful heart surgery took place in the year 1893, the first successful artificial valve was cast in 1950, for the first time in 1967, a person’s heart was inserted into another person (that person survived for 18 days) and the first permanent artificial heart was fitted in 1982.
- The first heart transplant using a “dead heart” was performed by surgeons in Australia, in October 2014.
- Smoking makes the risk of a heart attack 200% to 400% greater than that of nonsmokers.
So, these are Unknown & Surprising facts about Human Heart | Facts of Blood Bank