Chimpanzee the naughty, crazy and amazing animal. The scientific name of Chimpanzee is Pan troglodytes. These are one of the species of ape. So, today we share some amazing facts about Chimpanzee. Let’s read
Surprising & Crazy facts about Chimpanzee or Pan troglodytes that amaze you
- The first use of the name “chimpanzee” is recorded in The London Magazine in 1738.
- Chimpanzee and monkeys are not same.
- The DNA of human and Chimpanzee is 98% same that is why they represent our closest living relative.
- Chimpanzees communicate with each other through a complex system of vocalizations, gestures, body postures and facial expressions. They can communicate with each other even over long distances with loud calls called pant-hoots.
- Washoe, the chimpanzee, was the first non-human who learned American Sign Language.
- The hair follicles on humans and chimpanzees are the same in number.
- There are only two predators of Chimpanzee in which one is humans and the other is leopards.
- A Chimpanzee can be very aggressive. Serious, fatal attacks on humans have also been reported but according to my experience Chimpanzee are peaceful animals as compared to monkeys and don’t harm randomly whenever I saw them.
- Chimpanzees can identify each other from the pictures of their butts.
- Congo the chimp was a famous abstract painter in the 1950s who sold paintings to Picasso, Dalí and others for up to US$26,000.
- Chimpanzees are omnivores.
- Today, chimpanzees are an endangered species, with as few as 170,000 left in the wild but Fifty years ago, there were probably a million chimpanzees living in Africa.
- In their natural habitats, chimpanzees are known to use plants with medicinal value to self-medicate themselves.
- The lifespan of Chimpanzee is 40-50 but they can also cross 50.
So, these are some Surprising & Crazy facts about Chimpanzee or Pan troglodytes that amaze you
Don’t forget to share and comment