The most painful attack of the history on two cities of Japan that is Hiroshima and Nagasaki.When Hiroshima and Nagasaki were attacked with the atom bomb in 1945, the whole world was condemning this attack but America was saying that was done right. Today we share some
Interesting info facts about Hiroshima and Nagasaki bomb attacks
- The first atomic bomb was dropped on August 6, 1945, at Hiroshima at 8:30 in the morning and after three days the another bomb was dropped on the 9th of August at Nagasaki. Since then, nuclear weapons have not been used again for the attack.
- The decision to drop the bomb on Hiroshima’s was taken just one hour before the bomb was dropped.
- The bomb dropped on Hiroshima was named “Little Boy”. Its weight was about 4000 kg and length 10 feet. The amount of uranium in it was 65 kg, but the explosion happened due to uranium of weight only 0.7g.
- The bomb dropped on Nagasaki was named “Fat Man”. Its weight was about 4500 kg and length 11.5 feet. In this bomb, 6.4 kg of plutonium is used, which was much more powerful than uranium.
- The bomb being demolished on Nagasaki was to be dropped earlier in Japan’s Kokura city, but at that time the weather in Kokura was not clear and the clouds were too dense, so the US Army dropped the bomb on Nagasaki. It was also planned to drop the bomb to the city of Kyoto. But War Secretary Henry Stimson changed this because he had enjoyed the honeymoon with his wife in Kyoto and he had many memories associated with this city.
- “Enola Gay” was the name of the aircraft carrying the bomb that was dropped on Hiroshima.
- “Bockscar” was the name of the aircraft carrying the bomb that was dropped on Nagasaki.
- Due to the Nuclear bomb, about 2,46,000 people were killed in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Almost 1 million people have died when the bomb fell, and the other died of serious diseases such as cancer after some time.
- During the Hiroshima attack, the temperature of the place where the bomb was burst reached 3,00,000 ° C and the ground temperature below it reached about 4,000 degrees Celsius, which is enough to melt the steel. The storm passed at the speed of 1005 kilometres per hour, and the land changed into deep pits in 10 square kilometres and pressure of 19 tonnes per square inch was created for 500 meters. It was enough to blow any huge building into the air.
- A month after the Hiroshima attack, a cyclone hit the city, which killed 2,000 more people.
- A dozen Americans were also killed in the Hiroshima bomb attack, this info got the US in 1970.
- Sumitomo Yamaguchi was a person suffering from both bomb attacks. Actually, when the bomb was dropped on Hiroshima he was there. Then he went to his village Nagasaki and even then the bomb was dropped there. But he was so fortunate that he was safe in both the attacks. He died due to stomach cancer in 2010.
- Before the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, the Japan dropped 49 bombs on U.S.A as a practice. In which 400 people died and 1,200 were injured.
- The US has not apologised to Japan for nuclear attacks till date. Barack Obama is the first US President to travel to Hiroshima after 71 years of the attack.
So, these are some Interesting info facts about Hiroshima and Nagasaki bomb attacks
Share the article and also share your comments in the comment box below.