154 years ago, a most famous saint born named Swami Vivekananda who illuminated
entire world with the illumination of ancient knowledge of India. He was born on
12 January 1863 in Kolkata. In 150 years, the time changed, heritage and politics changed.
A slave country became the world’s largest democracy all this happened due to this great
monk Swami Vivekananda G. Today we share some
Facts about Swami Vivekananda | Inspiring Vivekananda Interesting facts
- In India, the Birthday of Swami Vivekananda (January 12) is celebrated as National Youth Day.
- Actually, his mother named him Vereshwar and he was often called Billy (cat).
Later, he named Narendranath Dutt.
- After the death of his father, Swamiji’s family suffered a lot of poverty. For one day’s meal, his mother and sister had to struggle a lot. Many times, Swamiji used to be hungry for two or more days, so that other family members could get enough food.
- Despite having a B.A degree, Swami Vivekananda had to wander in search of a job. He almost became atheists because his faith was shaken from God.
- The name of the master of Swami Vivekananda was Ramakrishna Paramahansa.
- In 1893, representing the lecture on Sanatan Dharma on behalf of India in Chicago in 1893, Swami started his speech with ‘My American Brothers and Sisters’, this first sentence won the heart of everyone.
- The “World Brotherhood Day” is celebrated on September 11. On this day Swami Vivekananda delivered his speech in the Chicago Religions Parliament. Ironically, on 11th September, the biggest terrorist attack in history on America was in 2001.
- Swami Vivekananda had predicted that he would not be able to get the age of 40 years. His point was proved true when he died on 4 July 1902 at the age of 39. He leaves his life in the state of samadhi.
- Swami Vivekananda had 31 diseases, one disease was his sleepiness. In the letter written to Shashi Bhushan Ghosh on May 29, 1897, he said that I could not sleep immediately while going on my bed any time in my life.
Some Famous Incidents of Swami Vivekananda G
- Once Swami Vivekananda was out of his country and he was the guest of that place where he went. When people come to them and extend their hand to say Hello to Vivekananda, then Swami Ji joined hands together and said Namaste instead of hello. People thought that he do not know English language and when someone says Swamiji in Hindi that AAP kaisay hai means how’s you, then Swamiji replied I am fine. Thankyou. Then one person told him that why you did not answer earlier of Hello, he said that when you were honouring your mother language then I was honouring my mother language and when you respected my mother language then I respected your mother language.
- Woman – One day one woman told Swami Ji that I want to marry with you.Swami Ji – Then Swami Ji replied that why you want to marry me? Don’t you know that I am a Hermit (Sanyasi)?
Woman – She replied this is because So that I can get a child like you. It is possible only when you marry me.
Swami Ji – “Our marriage is not possible, but yes there is a solution “.
Woman – What?
Swami Ji – Vivekananda says, “From today I become your son, from today you become my mother. You will find a son like me in my form.
The woman fell at the feet of Vivekananda and said, “You are the face of God as a person.”
So, these are some Facts about Swami Vivekananda | Inspiring Vivekananda Interesting facts
If you like this post then share it and also leave comments how much you like this post.