South Africa is a country on the southernmost tip of the African continent,
marked by several distinct ecosystems.
Here are some interesting and amazing facts about South Africa|surprising facts of Africa.
I found that,
there are very interesting facts about South Africa which touch my heart.
Read these facts may you like it.
Interesting and amazing facts about South Africa|surprising facts of africa
- South Africa’s drinking water is rated 3rd best in the world for being “safe and ready to drink”.
- South Africa is the only country in the entire world that
has voluntarily abandoned its nuclear weapons programme.
- The world’s largest themed resort hotel
in the world – The Palace of the Lost City– is found in South Africa.
Surrounding, the Palace is a 25-hectare man-made botanical jungle
with almost 2 million plants, trees and shrubs.see picture below
- The South African Rovos Rail is considered the most luxurious train in the world.
- General Motors South Africa is the only place outside of the USA to build the Hummer H3!
- Table Mountain in Cape Town is believed
to be one of the oldest mountains in the world and
one of the planet’s 12 main energy centres, radiating magnetic, electric or spiritual energy.
- Some countries have deserts; some have subtropical forests, right?
South Africa has deserts, wetlands, grasslands, bush, subtropical forests, mountains and escarpments.
- There are more than 2000 shipwrecks off the South African coast, most dating back at least 500 years.
- The Karoo region in the Western Cape is home to some of the best fossils of early dinosaurs.
In fact, it is estimated that some 80% of the mammalian fossils found to date were found in the Karoo.
- SA has three capital cities: Pretoria is the Executive Capital, Cape Town the Legislative Capital and Bloemfontein the judicial Capital.
- Can you think of any other place in the world,
where two Nobel Peace Prize winners lived on the same street?
Both Nelson Mandela and Archbishop Desmond Tutu had houses on Vilakazi Street in Soweto.
So, these are some Interesting and amazing facts about South Africa|surprising facts of Africa.
May you like it.
Share this post and also leave a comment.